European Society for the History of Dermatology and Venereology
The European Society for the History of Dermatology and Venereology (ESHDV) was founded in September 1999 in Amsterdam. The main object of the Society is to promote and support work related to the history of dermatology, venereal diseases and related subjects.
The ESHDV is closely associated to the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. The annual meeting of the ESHDV takes place on the first day of the annual congress of the EADV. It is organized as a "history day" with visits of institutions of historical importance, the general assembly and the "Alibert - lecture".
- President: Michael L. Geiges, Switzerland
- Vice-President: Nick Levell, United Kingdom
- Secretary: Rafal Bialynicki-Birula, Poland
- Treasurer: Martin Lorenz, Germany
- Honorary President: Daniel Wallach, France